There was a time when everyone was afraid of tanning and there is still quite a stigma when it comes to indoor tanning. At the same time we are appreciating how a tan looks and feels more and more, and most of us wouldn’t think about going for a night out without some on.
Tanning is done in a number of ways but it’s where your body is exposed to light (ultraviolet light) for a prolonged period of time. In this time the ultraviolet rays have an impact on your skin and the melanin in your skin cells. More melanin is produced as a response which leads to a darkening of the surrounding area. This is what we call a tan.
Tanning is what we do to make ourselves feel sexier and better looking. It gives us an even skin tone and makes us look generally a lot healthier and well maintained. It even makes clothes look better on us!
Aside from the aesthetics, tanning can also make us healthier too. When exposed to sunlight or UV light our bodies are encouraged to produce vitamin D. This is one of the most important vitamins for our body and has been proven to provide numerous benefits.
Vitamin D is used by our body to fight disease. It’s been shown to help with various forms of cancer, specifically liver cancer, and also with arthritis and hypertension. Interestingly vitamin D has also been linked to preventing obesity as it stimulates the thyroid gland which is associated with the metabolism.
Tanning makes us look and feel great. It’s an important part of our style and something we consider alongside our clothes and haircut.
There’s a number of ways to get a tan, but unless you’re lucky enough to live in a sun kissed area you’ll need to hit the sunbeds. Even for those who live in those sunny areas often indoor tanning can be more effective and take less time to produce results.
Indoor tanning is a great way to get an even tan, but if you’re looking for the best results you should consider selecting a tanning lotion. Tanning lotions are specially designed to help with the tanning process. There are a number of them on the market, with outdoor tanning lotions helping you tan but also containing sunscreen to protect the skin.
Indoor tanning lotions don’t have any sunscreen but instead are specially designed to be used in sunbeds, encouraging an even tan which lasts but also so they won’t have any effect on the beds themselves.
There are two main types of indoor tanning lotion. Basic Tan Accelerators are used for those who are new to tanning and just want to establish a base tan. These are simple and often contain moisturisers which hydrate and soothe the skin so it’s protected.
Bronzers are the more common variety of tanning lotion. These work with the melanin in your skin to encourage more to be produced. This brings out the deep, natural looking colour of the skin pigment. When these first came out there were a number of reports of orange staining on the skin but the formula has since been perfected and now that’s not an issue.
Finding the Right Tanning Lotion
There are a lot of different Tanning lotions made specifically for sunbeds and indoor tanning. You’ll want to find one which will be effective and suitable to your skin.
For more information and a list of the best tanning lotions check out: https://www.youlookattractive.com/indoor-tanning-bed-lotions/
Want to Try the Best?
- ORGANIC & NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Our self tanning lotion is formulated with the best organic and natural ingredients. Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, Green Tea and Witch Hazel work to moisturize your skin while DHA works its tanning magic. A natural alternative to Fake Bake, St. Tropez and St. Moriz.
- GET A SUN KISSED TAN WITHOUT THE SUN DAMAGE OR CHEMICALS: Love that sun kissed glow but hate the thought of sunburns, early aging, and skin cancer. We think that sounds pretty reasonable. We have a great tanning cream that's an alternative to brands that sell very chemical filled tanners in the form of towelettes, foam, mousse serum and spray.
- DO YOUR SKIN A FAVOR: Ever read the back of a conventional tanner. You need a PhD to pronounce all those ingredients. We use only simple, natural ingredients in our self tanning cream, so you'll never have to worry about what you're putting on your body like with some other sellers products. With ingredients like organic shea butter, organic coconut oil, and Japanese green tea leaf extract, your skin will thank you by looking and feeling incredible.
- SAFE FOR EVERYONE AND YOU WONT BE AN ORANGE OOMPA LOOMPA: If you have sensitive skin, are pale as ever and wish you had instant true tanned color skin, this is for you. Males and females use our tanning cream and look like they have just returned from travel in St. Tropez or an eco destination. So whether male or a teen, grab our applicator mitt and set our luxury tan cream to your bare skin and viva la vida. Mens skin can resemble Kim Kardashian too.
- GUARANTEE: LOVE IT OR LET US KNOW: We know you're gonna love what our self tanning moisturizer can do. We're so confident that this is the best eco sunless tanner, that we'll even guarantee it.
Other Lotions To Protect Your Skin!