Just getting past a pregnancy and noticing stretch marks on your breasts from where they grew a cup size or more? Or maybe you recently lost a good bit of weight and your boobs have quickly decreased in size? Either way, having breast stretch marks can be incredibly frustrating. Luckily it is possible to get rid of those hideous marks on your breasts in a relatively short amount of time.
Causes of Breast Stretch Marks
So what exactly causes stretch marks to appear on or under the breasts? Well, it’s hard to narrow it down but here are several different reasons why you might be getting them on your boobs:
- Fast Weight Gain or Weight Loss
For women the most common cause of stretch marks on boobs is pregnancy. As you progress through the various stages of pregnancy your breasts tend to expand (primarily to produce the necessary fluids for breastfeeding, but also weight gain) and as the skin stretches, marks can form.
Puberty can sometimes cause marks, too. For young girls who basically go from nothing to a full bust in a short amount of time, it’s very easy for marks to pop up here and there. Bodybuilding can also produce stretch marks. The rapid development of muscle will stretch the skin leading to lines and dark marks.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on Boobs
There are several different methods that can be used to treat stretch marks on the breasts. Some of these treatments are expensive while others are more affordable but may take a bit more time to produce results. That being said, here are the most common ways to remove stretch marks:
1. Stretch Mark Removal Creams
Specialized creams, gels, and various ointments should always be the first option you try. Why? Well because a) They generally work well for most people and b) They are by far the most cost-effective method of getting rid of stretch marks. Said creams typically cost $40 to $65, are applied topically daily for a 4-8 weeks, and can take care of most newly created marks.
We recently revealed a list of the best stretch mark removal creams that we’ve reviewed ourselves. These products have been clinically proven to provide real, visible results in a timely manner, are affordable, and will work for most individuals.
To reiterate, the best topical treatments we’ve reviewed so far are TriLastin-SR, SkinCeption’s Intensive Stretch Mark Therapy, Revitol Stretch Mark Cream, and Dermology Stretch Mark Removal Cream. These products have consistently worked well, showing clear improvements in the skin and fading of marks in roughly 3-6 weeks of daily use.
2. Specialized Laser Treatments
A very popular, but costly, method of removing stretch marks from anywhere on the body (including the breasts) is through laser treatment sessions. This service is typically offered by dermatologists and medical spas and involves using a specialized laser to remove the layers of skin around the stretch marks.
This process instantly gets rid of the marks and grooves while simultaneously revealing a brand new, healthy layer of skin. This not only completely eradicates stretch marks but it can also help greatly improve your skin complexion overall.
While this treatment method is definitely effective it is rather pricey. A single session can cost anywhere from $250 to $500 and up depending on where you have it done.
There is also a high chance of getting side effects such as burning, reddening, or blistering. These effects are usually temporary but can also be long-term issues. If you’re looking to remove stretch marks on your boobs this probably isn’t a good idea considering how sensitive breasts are.
Another problem with laser stretch mark treatments is that after the procedure is done you’ll need a few days to recover. In most cases people heal quite nicely within 2-4 days after the treatment but some individuals may take 7-14 days depending on how severe the stretch marks were.
3. Spa Treatments
Some spas offer various treatments that may not exactly be specified as being designed to get rid of stretch marks, but they can still help. These treatments include things like blue light therapy, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels. Unfortunately, these methods aren’t common practices for removing stretch marks on the boobs, though. They are better used on areas such as the legs, thighs, and stomach.
Without a doubt the first thing you should try is a solid stretch mark removal cream. 80% of the time these topical treatments will fade marks on your breasts away within 4-6 weeks. And they are by far the most affordable option available.
It can be frustrating having to wait several weeks to really notice the effects but creams are still the best solution for stretch marks on boobs as of right now.
IF you find that a cream doesn’t work for you or doesn’t completely fade marks after 2 months of daily use then you should consult a dermatologist and try a laser treatment.
Want to Try it Yourself?
- STRETCH MARK CREAM - Using sustained-release technology targeted for stretch mark removal, TriLASTIN-SR Maximum Strength Stretch Mark Cream delivers visible results for all stretch marks in as little as 3 weeks.
- FOR ALL TYPES OF STRETCH MARKS - Stretch marks are tears that occur in the dermal layer of the skin due to things like pregnancy, excessive weight gain, adolescent growth spurts or bodybuilding. Reduce the appearance of all types with TriLASTIN stretch marks cream.
- SEE RESULTS IN 3 WEEKS - Features our exclusive Sequenced Diffusion Delivery System (SDDS), which protects the skin and provides a sequenced release of active ingredients for stretch mark removal. This sustained-release system works at your skin's pace, and according to your skin's needs over a longer period of time. Depending on the nature and severity of the stretch marks, results may be seen in as little as 3 weeks while full efficacy can take 60 days or longer to fully realize.
- EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE INGREDIENTS - TriLASTIN-SR Maximum Strength Stretch Mark Cream is a targeted formula with ingredients like our powerful, multi-vitamin complex, BeauPlex VH, amino acid rich Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Vitamin E, collagen and elastin.
- MADE IN THE USA - Brought to you by TriLASTIN, this effective stretch mark removal cream is made in the USA by a team of award-winning scientists and crafted to reveal your true inner beauty.